Saturday, June 28, 2014

John Paul in Taiwan

It's not the pope, but rather John Paul Lin. As I was walking down the mountain from visiting Wufengqi falls in Jiaoxi, Taiwan, he was riding up on his bicycle. He noticed me, crossed the road and asked me where I'd come from. I mentioned the falls to which he replied, "Did you also go to St. Mary's?" (referring to the Catholic Church nearby). I indicated I had not (I'd tried but got lost part way and turned around) and he said I should come back and try again.

It turns out that he is a volunteer at the church, welcoming the many visitors who come this time of year who are also visiting the falls. "You need God to transform your heart." Then as he left (he what overslept), he asked, "Do you have God in your heart?" "Absolutely," I replied. He said, "Good. He is the one who gives you all your good ideas. Innovation."

Amazing to meet a fellow pilgrim on a Saturday in Jiaoxi.

No comments:

Post a Comment