Monday, July 25, 2011

Psalm 119:60 - How Long Before Want-To Becomes Will-Do.

I will hasten and not delay to obey your commands.” - Psalm 119:60
I've noticed a curious trend in my driving. There is a delay between the time when I recognize the new speed limit (as showing by the road signs) and the time that my foot eases off of the pedal. There is a curious reluctance, which I can only attribute to my stubborn desire to drive faster-without limits.

Sometimes it is that way for me with God. My mind lingers. My mouth continues. My eyes pursue. My heart remains cold. I know where God's path is; my intent is to follow; yet there is lag time in my soul. Paul describes this in Romans 7:
For in my inner being I delight in God’s law; but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me. - Romans 7:22-23
My prayer today: God trim the lag time between knowing what you want and doing what you want. God heal the attitude that clings, even for the briefest moment, to the wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment